Learn more about our TouchLessService™.
I've always noticed how my environment affects my mood and emotional state and have been fascinated with the way that changing pieces of this - swapping out art, organizing a spice cabinet, etc. - can have an immediate and sometimes significant change on how I feel and interact with the space. It's a field that is constantly evolving, and pushing myself creatively has been consistently rewarding and keeps me energized. The relationships with my clients are truly the most impactful piece of my job. Seeing clients again and again over the years and watching how the projects we've collaborated on have improved their lives and grown with their families is so incredibly rewarding. It's such an intimate process to learn how a family lives - and an honor to be able to continue working with them through life transitions. I'm never so happy as when a customer calls me back after a period of time with a new project; it often feels like catching up with an old friend! I've won Design of the Year (2015, 2017, 2020) and my work has been published in Ideas of Order (Volumes 1 and 2) and The Seattle Times.
Michelle Gion's Portfolio
I’m committed to listening, collaborating, and working with you to design a custom solution that will optimize any space in your home. Here’s a collection of some of my favorite projects to help you get inspired.
- I highly recommend Michelle! When we did our Master Bedroom Closet and Bedroom Shelves, I was overwhelmed with all the decisions and choices we had to make. As we were interviewing closet companies, I was immediately assured when we met Michelle Gion. She provided expert advice and guidance when coming up with our design. Michelle has an exceptional eye for design functionality, balance, and style. I am so thrilled with the outcome of our closet. She is great to work with and always responsive whenever we have questions. She is a talented designer and I highly recommend using her for any projects!
- I recently had all of my custom closets installed last week and am incredibly happy with how they turned out and the improved functionality of all my spaces. Michelle Gion was my Design Consultant and she did a fantastic job envisioning the best use of the space. I live in a Townhouse in Ballard and had the very standard wire rack style closets in each of the 3 bedrooms. I also wanted something done about my washer/dryer, which had the same wire shelf. Michelle was able to measure, design, and envision great options for my house, in less than 1 hour. I could tell how much experience she had as we quickly and effortlessly made small changes and iterations on the fly. I ended up signing off on the project toward the end of December and had the appointment scheduled within 3 weeks! Everything turned out great and I couldn't be happier with Michelle's work and recommendations as they came out exactly how I expected and desired. Her installation team was also great, efficient, friendly, and had everything done in less than 1/2 a day. I would absolutely recommend Michelle and California Closets to anyone.
- Michelle is an expert at creating the most efficient closet and unique storage designs while maintaining a beautiful aesthetic. Her wealth of knowledge is experienced when you stand in a space with her and she instantly has ideas to solve the challenges at hand. I enjoy collaborating with her on client projects to ensure we achieve the most optimal storage solution while being mindful of the overall design within the space. I will continue to refer her to my clients.
- We loved everything about our experience. Michelle, our designer, was incredible and very creative. The installation crew was prompt, efficient, and very professional. Our cabinets have totally changed our living room! I love staring at them after night after work. Totally worth it!
- It was a pleasure from beginning to end. Michelle was so professional and just really fun to work with. She adjusted her schedule to fit mine, which was very much appreciated. Her design was exactly responsive to my thoughts on how the project would look. The product itself was top quality, in both feel and appearance. All in all, just an incredibly positive experience.